Tweet Who cares about the research! – it’s still one of my favourite movies so lets take a trip down memory lane. If you’ve still not seen it then buy it here, if you need convincing then watch the trailer below and buy it anyway The longstanding belief that the film Sideways sent Pinot Noir […]
Archive | November, 2008
Tweet An example of one of those depressing articles that you occasionally read in the Wine Press. Read and weep as JC’s lazy marketeers deliver phrases such as “We are excited about this opportunity to engage with our target audience…blah, blah blah”. The JC marketing guys really are the Spinal Tap of Wine, but at […]
Tweet I’ve just about recovered enough to pen some thoughts on an extraordinary Thursday evening of fine wine and dining. The venue was a converted farm in deepest Sussex and the occasion was an event hosted by Red Anywhere, a new catering concept by Masterchef Dan Clarke. It was an evening I’d been looking […]
Tweet So a really good day for your blogger, ending with a return to the Summit party at the Ice Bar in London. My companion for the night was Lucy Adams, an inspiring girl who has just set up her own business armed simply with a blog and a will to acheive. Check out Lucyadams.co.uk for […]
Tweet Here we go again! Voting irregularities, electors facing poll closures before they can mark their “X” and electronic machines short-circuiting due to rain storms. God Bless America, it makes you long for the hanging chad. Obama or McCain is the choice that faces the voters in the bankrupt superpower across the Atlantic and we […]
Tweet Drinking and health – you pays your money and you takes your choice. This week, we’re all gonna die. Heavy metals in wine could pose potential health problems to regular drinkers, claims a scientific report published today. The report, which appeared in the online journal Chemistry Central, claims that a daily 250ml glass of […]
Tweet Chateau Pontet Canet is now available in USB format. The official spiel would have you believe the following - If you are a wine lover, this USB stick might come in handy. It has a storage capacity of 1 GB and contains Open Cellar, a wine management software. You can get it for 35 Euros. […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 6, 2012
- David Mitchell is whining about wine November 24, 2012
- Zombie Wine: We’re coming to get you Barbara November 24, 2012
- When Fashion and Wine Collide… November 14, 2012
- Hibbert: Being a devoted fan of Manchester United & tha...
- Leen: I'll take a shot of that spo-dee-o-dee! Anybody ...
- J Robertsi: I signed up for one reason only: a 40 GBP voucher ...
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...