Tweet Hugh Johnson is one of the wine worlds cuddly creatures. He may not be seen too much in the media these days, but he still delivers his hugely successful ‘Pocket Guide to Wine’ each and every year. The ever popular paper version of the Pocket Guide now finds itself reformatted for the iPhone and […]
Archive | October, 2010
Tweet This week’s pointless wine gadget comes from the website ‘Le Moutin Noir & Co’. It’s a wine bottle stopper with twistable date rings that allows you to keep a track of when you’ve opened your wine. We have a major issue with this. Firstly how bloody long are you expecting to keep an uncorked […]
Tweet An old one but without doubt one of the best. Kathy Lee Gifford performs an extraordinary demonstration of possibly the most bizarre product of all time – a bra that doubles as wine storage. Ladies and Gentlemen, we give you “The Wine Rack”. Kathie Lee Gifford Tries “The Wine Rack” – watch more funny […]
Tweet DigitalSpy.co.uk is a vacuous waste of webspace. Gwyneth Paltrow is an actress married to a man who makes vacuous music. Today DigitalSpy stated that ‘Gwyneth Paltrow has reportedly revealed that she likes to relax with a glass of wine a few nights a week’. DigitalSpy beleives this to be some kind of extraordinary revelation. […]
Tweet The renaissance painter Pieter Bruegel the Elder is best known today for his tranquil winter scenes so when Spain’s Prado Museum discovered a previously unknown work, they were surprised to see a group of peasants throwing up their lunch at a wild grape harvest. The new work was discovered after restoration of another painting […]
Tweet Home Secretary Theresa May played to the gallery at today’s Conservative Party conference by pledging to “tear up Labour’s disastrous Licensing Act”. As well as confirming her determination to go after below-cost sales of alcohol she also confirmed plans to give local people more say in licensing issues, to introduce fees for late-night policing, […]
Tweet This just in from REUTERS. An article by MSNBC wine journo Edward Deitch (check out his blog) states a whole bunch of obvious stuff and backs it up with a bunch of stats from some puffy research. Here’s the article in full: Social media is exploding in the wine business and a new survey […]
Tweet Michael Bublé is described as a crooner. Beringer is described as a wine. We’re not sure we beleive either description. Beringer has been named the official wine of Bublé’s upcoming Crazy Love Tour. This is what Bublé has to say about Beringer “I think Beringer and I are a great pairing [Beringer] is a winery […]
Tweet Here at WineOfTheWeek we like to keep the red flag flying high. Up until today our commitment to revolution has been limited to our ability to get up from the comfort of our armchair. But now things have changed. Yesterday George “nice but dim’ Osborne punched us in the stomach by announcing he was […]
Tweet Selling my Mini Cooper S remains one of my few regrets in life. It was a super little electric blue bundle of unbridled energy. It became costly to run and maintain and it had to go. I miss it dearly. So, when I saw pictures of the ‘Chateau Mini’ my pulse starting racing. These […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 6, 2012
- David Mitchell is whining about wine November 24, 2012
- Zombie Wine: We’re coming to get you Barbara November 24, 2012
- When Fashion and Wine Collide… November 14, 2012
- Hibbert: Being a devoted fan of Manchester United & tha...
- Leen: I'll take a shot of that spo-dee-o-dee! Anybody ...
- J Robertsi: I signed up for one reason only: a 40 GBP voucher ...
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...