Labour MP Tom Watson is at it again. The MP is on a one man mission to get access to the government wine cellar and pour its contents into the Thames. Carry on comrade! In this clip Master of Wine Tim ‘He-Man’ Atkin gives a brutal lowdown on the collection to the lovely Anita ‘lovely’ [...]
WineOfTheWeek has found itself up in the air recently. Over the past couple of months, the day job has required various trips to European cities. Those who have shared this experience will know there is nothing glamorous about the 5.30am flight out of Heathrow and midnight return into Gatwick (find your own way home mate). [...]
After months of negotiation, US Internet firm AOL has agreed to buyout WineOfTheWeek. Details of the deal have yet to be revealed but insiders have confirmed that the price is likely to be equivalent to a bag of chips and some cheap chardonnay. WineOfTheWeek was set up in 2008 by Gavin Williams and is considered [...]
Dear wine drinkers, WineOfTheWeek has been in vinous purgatory since January 1st 2011. Motivated by delusional hopes of weight loss and heightened intellectual prowess, we have existed for 33 days without a single drop of alcohol. Yes, dear friends, you hear me correctly. I’ve been ‘off the booze’. I have now realised the foolishness of [...]
The average drinker may find a glass of vino relaxing and finds that it slows things down to a mellow pace, but this isn’t the case for your average bit of superconducting material. Scientists experimenting with immersing superconductors in liquids to see how this affects their superconductivity started their trials with water and ethanol and [...]
A German vintner has uncovered a hidden cache 500 bottles of wine untouched since 1945. Andreas Neymeyer discovered the bottles shortly before Christmas while clearing out a burned-out building on his 38 hectare vineyard in southern Germany. Neymeyer told Reuters: It was my uncle’s idea, I was preparing the building to be torn down and he [...]
Archaeologists have discovered what they believe to be the earliest evidence of wine making yet to be recorded. In a cave. In Armenia. The National Geographic Society say that the find of fermentation jars and a wine press represents the earliest example of complete wine production, at roughly 6000 years old. The winery was uncovered [...]
Nigel Pargetter died on Sunday night after falling from the roof of Lower Loxley Hall in the village of Ambridge, Borsetshire. Nigel was the ‘go-to’ man in the village on all matters relating to fine wine. A keen enthusiast of Bordeaux and Burgundy, Nigel also produced wine from his own vines at Lower Loxley. Wineoftheweek [...]
Procrastination is considered by some to be the enemy of productivity. However, combine procrastination with the flabbiness of the Internet and suddenly you have the tools to answer questions that you’d never before thought of asking. Wineoftheweek is currently in a heightened state of procrastination and we were therefore chuffed when someone sent us a [...]
Amid the Lady Gaga maelstrom of publicity that hit Ireland recently, news of the singer’s wine preferences received barely a footnote in the mainstream media. WineOfTheWeek is here to correct this oversight with the exclusive revelation that Miss Gaga has a taste for Kendall Jackson and Robert Mondavi. A ‘mole’ at the O2 Arena in [...]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Caption Competition! April 24, 2009
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 6, 2012
- David Mitchell is whining about wine November 24, 2012
- Zombie Wine: We’re coming to get you Barbara November 24, 2012
- When Fashion and Wine Collide… November 14, 2012
- Hibbert: Being a devoted fan of Manchester United & tha...
- Leen: I'll take a shot of that spo-dee-o-dee! Anybody ...
- J Robertsi: I signed up for one reason only: a 40 GBP voucher ...
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...